2019 Oklahoma Research Day
March 8, 2019
Host: Southwestern Oklahoma State University
Location: SWOSU Wellness Center and
Pioneer Cellular Event Center
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE OKLAHOMA RESEARCH DAY EVENT
Now in its 20th year, Oklahoma Research Day is a premier annual event celebrating student and faculty research, creative, and scholarly activities. The event has grown in numbers and in stature with contributions from all of Oklahoma’s institutions of higher education, including many collaborative contributions from national and international academic and research institutions. The 2018 Oklahoma Research Day event had over 1,000 registered students, faculty, and guests and featured over 550 unique poster presentations.
The 2019 event will be hosted by Southwestern Oklahoma State University at the SWOSU Wellness Center and the Pioneer Cellular Event Center in Weatherford. Details concerning directions to the Pioneer Cellular Event Center, the city of Weatherford, local restaurants, and parking will become available to participants in early 2019.
Oklahoma Research Day promotes cross-campus and cross-disciplinary research among all institutions of higher learning in the State of Oklahoma. The event seeks to encourage networking among researchers and interchange of ideas among those studying and researching in their respective academic disciplines.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION and REGISTRATION DEADLINE
11:59 pm., Thursday, January 31, 2019
|45" tall x 45" wide (cannot exceed 2,025 square inches)|
Cameron University Logo
|Abstract Format||The abstract for submission should consist of no more than 1,500 characters with spaces and include the following information: 1) Objective of the research; 2) Thesis or hypothesis; 3) Methodology; and 4) Summary of findings|
To view examples, please visit Archived Abstracts.
|Printing||Go to Printing Services in the Administrative Building (B7). See section on Poster Template below for a possible template and maintaining high quality printing.|
|Deadline||To get your poster printed for free and on time for the conference, visit Printing Services by February 22, 2019.|
|Costs||Assuming that the poster has been submitted to Printing Services by February 22, 2019, one poster/research project will be printed at no charge. As such, make sure that the poster you want printed is the final version.|
|Poster Template||To maintain high printing quality, keep your poster saved as a power point file (do not convert into a jpg or other image format types) when printing at Printing Services. Electronic poster versions cannot exceed 2 MB in size and must be either in .pdf or .jpg format.|
Successful Conference Participation
- Register by Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 11:59pm.
- Develop your poster based on the above guidelines.
- FREE Poster Printing for Cameron students if submitted no later than February 22, 2019! Save poster file on a flash drive and deliver to Cameron University Printing Services by deadline. Printing fees incurred after the deadline are the responsibility of the student; printing is not guaranteed after February 22nd.
- Bus reservation: Reserve a seat on the bus by March 1, 2019. Bus will depart at 7:00am from the Cameron University Library parking lot. A confirmation email will be sent with details prior to the date of travel.
- Present your research poster on March 8, 2019.