The General Education Committee
(1) establishes and reviews guidelines for certifying courses to meet general education program requirements;
(2) certifies courses for meeting general education requirements;
(3) develops guidelines for determining the applicability of transfer courses for meeting general education requirements;
(4) evaluates general education assessment results and proposes appropriate program modifications;
(5) reviews the general education program to assure compliance with regulations and standards of governing bodies and accreditors;
(6) formulates and promotes professional development programs for general education faculty; and
(7) reports annually on the effectiveness of the general education program.