Dr. Sylvia M. Burgess Endowed Service Award
The purpose of this endowed service award fund is to recognize students who demonstrate a commitment to service within the community. The award is named in honor of former SIFE faculty advisor Dr. Sylvia M. Burgess who led Cameron University's SIFE team in winning the 2005 Donald W. Reynolds Governor's Cup Collegiate Business Plan Competition. This award is open to all Cameron University students and will be presented each spring.
- Must be a full-time Cameron University student currently in "good standing or who has graduated in good standing from Cameron University during the academic year of the award.
- Must have voluntarily served the community for at least 48 hours during the academic year of the award and must be able to provide written verification of service.
- Candidates must submit the following materials to be considered for the award:
- Letter of candidacy describing service to the community deserving recognition,
- Letter from community service organization(s) verifying time of service, and
- Additional materials the candidate would like to include for consideration.