First Step Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship was created to assist full-time, first-time freshman students enrolled at Cameron University who graduated from a high school that provides a large number of students to Cameron University.
This Scholarship shall be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Recipient must be a graduated high school senior from Lawton High, Eisenhower, MacArthur, Duncan, Elgin, or Cache High Schools.
- The recipient will be selected by the high school where they graduated and communicated to Cameron University. High schools are encouraged to only select students who have successfully applied to Cameron University. This list of eligible selectees will be listed in priority from one to five.
- Recipient must be an incoming student and have a cumulative high school Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better to receive the scholarship for the first semester of award.
- Once appointed, a recipient may retain the scholarship for a second semester if they earn a 3.0 GPA in their first semester.
- If a recipient does not remain eligible the first semester, the award will be suspended and provided to another qualified student from the same graduating high school. If the high school provides their prioritized list, the next student listed will be awarded.