Doris Aycock Endowed Scholarship in Pre-Nursing
Established in June 2007 by Dr. Byron Aycock in memory of his wife, Doris. The scholarship is awarded to both part-time and full-time Cameron University students enrolled as pre-nursing majors.
- Recipient must have attained sophomore status, have declared a pre-nursing major and remain committed to a career in nursing.
- Recipient must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better to receive the scholarship for the first semester of award.
- Recipient must achieve a 3.0 GPA or better during the first semester of award to receive the scholarship for the second semester.
- Once appointed, a recipient may retain the scholarship, at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee, until he or she completes their pre-nursing program providing the recipient is enrolled in successive semesters, meets the 3.0 GPA criterion for retention and remains committed to a career in nursing, however, no student will receive more than six semesters of scholarship support.
- Financial need will be a significant selection criterion. For part- time students, evidence of being gainfully employed to assist in meeting their educational goals will be favorably considered.