Requesting Assistance for Summer 2014
If you need to request financial assistance for Summer 2014, you will need to complete a Summer 2014 Assistance Application and submit it to our office. You may download the application from our web page or pick one up at the Financial Assistance Office, 301 North Shepler. We will determine your eligibility for summer aid based on review of your application. Please review the following information BEFORE you submit your request:
- Our office MUST have a valid 2013-2014 FAFSA on file. If you have not submitted your 2013-2014 FAFSA to Cameron, we cannot consider your request for summer assistance.
- After we have processed your FAFSA and you are enrolled in summer classes, you may submit a request for summer aid.
- You may be eligible for a summer Pell grant if you did not receive a Pell Grant for full time, 12 hours each term for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014.
- Our office will review your Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) status before awarding summer Pell; if your LEU is close to 600% your summer Pell eligibility will be very limited. We encourage you to visit www.http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/grants-scholarships/pell/calculate-eligibility#my-pell-leu to monitor your LEU status.
- You may be eligible for a summer loan if you have not used all of your annual loan eligibility for your class level during the 2013-2014 aid year. If you wish to request a summer loan you may submit your request to us AFTER you are enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Our office will perform an annual Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) review for all students at the end of the Spring 2014 term. You MUST meet SAP requirements at that time to be eligible for summer aid. If we have awarded summer aid to you prior to our SAP review process in May, and you do not meet SAP requirements, your summer awards will be cancelled.
Please allow approximately 2 to 3 weeks for our office to determine your summer aid status. You will be notified by mail and you may check your award status on your AggieAccess page. Please remember that you are responsible for payment of your summer charges with the Business Office whether or not you are approved for summer assistance.