Anyone who is considering entering the teaching field is invited to attend “CU Become a Teacher,” a free, specialized workshop presented by the Cameron University Department of Education. The workshop covers the multiple pathways to become a teacher, including options for individuals with an earned degree in a non-education field and for working professionals seeking a bachelor's degree in education.
CU Become a Teacher is made possible through an Oklahoma Teacher Shortage Grant from the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education's Oklahoma Teacher Connection.
Fall 2019 CU Become a Teacher workshops are scheduled for the following locations:
- October 7 in Prep Hall, Room 310, Rogers State University, Claremore, 5:30-7 p.m.
- November 5 in the Anadarko High School Library, Anadarko, 5:30-7 p.m.
- November 14 in the Conference room of the Cache High School Cafeteria, Cache, 5:30-7 p.m.
- November 18 in the Second Grade Building, Elgin, 5:30-7 p.m.
- November 21 at Western Oklahoma State College, Altus, 5:30-7 p.m.
More dates will be scheduled in Fall 2019; however, if you have questions about becoming a teacher, please e-mail email@example.com and we will work with you to get you the information you need.