The Department of Computing and Technology offers one associate and two baccalaureate degrees: an Associate in Applied Science in Information Technology, and Bachelor of Science degrees in Computer Science and Information Technology. For more information about these degree programs, please click the links in the menu bar above or on the program name below.
The mission of the Cameron University Department of Computing and Technology is to:
- Provide quality academic programs based on academic excellence, high ethical standards, and learning outcomes for each of the computing and technology disciplines;
- Assist students in developing the skills and confidence to excel as life-long learners;
- Prepare computing and technology graduates at both the A.A.S. and B.S. levels for success in a diverse and dynamic environment;
- Provide faculty and staff with an atmosphere conducive to professional growth through an annual individualized appraisal program;
- Support community efforts involving computing and technology disciplines relevant to the university, school, and department.
The computing and the technology curricula are flexible, and provide opportunities that are inter-disciplinary in nature allowing students to customize individual and professional experience with experiential learning components embedded throughout the curriculum. The curricula are easily adaptable to accommodate the fast-paced technological changes of our society.