Live Well. Be WEll.
Including exercise in your daily routine will not only help you lose or maintain your weight, it also provides your body with overall health. The key to incorporating exercise into your daily routine, without getting bored, is to find an exercise you enjoy. If you enjoy what you are doing you will be more likely to continue doing it over time. Walking while listening to your favorite music, jogging, biking, swimming, tennis, volleyball, basketball or any activity where you break a sweat is beneficial. It is important to get at least 20 to 30 minutes per day of cardiovascular or aerobic exercise.
Here are 10 workout secrets to keep you going!
- Be consistent
- Follow an Effective Exercise Routine
- Set Realistic Goals
- Use the Buddy System
- Make Your Plan Fit for Life
- Be Happy
- Watch the Clock- Workout when you have the most energy!
- Be Patient
- Get Inspired
- Keep an exercise Log
What are the benefits of physical activity?
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. It can help:
- Control your weight
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes
- Reduce your risk of some cancers
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mental health and mood
- Improve your ability to do daily activities
- Increase your chances of living longer
- Boost your energy level
Here is a great article from the CDC, Physical Activity for Everyone.
Here are a few tips from our staff!!
- Begin slowly and gradually build.
- Stay motivated and find small ways to reward yourself!
- Find a fitness partner
- Schedule exercise into your life and make it a priority
- Toss your scale! Exercise shouldn’t revolve around a number. It’s about feeling well and being healthy!
- Dress the part, wear comfortable appropriate clothing
- Entertain yourself, nothing kills a routine like boredom
- Keep an exercise log and watch your progress!
- MAKE EXERCISE NON-NEGOTIABLE!!!