Advance Pay Requests

Advance Payment of educational assistance allowance is intended to help students meet school-related and other expenses which are concentrated at the beginning of a term. When a veteran, serviceperson, reservist, or other eligible person, enrolls at a half-time rate or more, and is either just beginning VA benefits or has had a break in school attendance using VA benefits of 30 days (a calendar month) or more, and is not eligible for an interval payment from VA, he or she may elect in writing to be paid in advance for the first initial month or fraction thereof in which the term will begin plus the amount payable for the following month. Students choosing this option should be aware that if they receive advance payments, for example, for August(1st day of fall semester until end of month - partial month) and September (full month) at the beginning of a fall term commencing in August, they will not receive another check until their October benefits check in early November. (Note: Advance Payment may not be made for veterans training under Section 901.)

Note: Active Duty-Chapter 30-New G.I. Bill students are only paid tuition and fees. Active Duty-Chapter 30 students enrolled in a half-time status or more will not be able to receive a lump sum payment of benefits.


  • Any student requesting an Advance Payment must notify, and complete the appropriate paperwork before the CU-VA Advance Pay Request Deadline, which is at least approximately 60 days prior to the beginning of your first term or semester. Please contact the CU-VA for dates for a specific semester.


  • The only time you may request an Advance Pay is your first semester of attending Cameron, or if you have had a break in attendance. Advance Pay cannot be requested if you attended anywhere the immediate preceding semester using veterans benefits. If you are not eligible for an Advance Pay Request, payment of your tuition will be due by the due date assigned by the Business Office. See the current class schedule for additional payment information or contact the Business Office. 


  • Advance pays cannot be requested if you are enrolled in a less than