Teaching & Learning
Academic Advising Center
- Students will be satisfied with their advisement session.
- Students will select a major that is congruent with their interests, abilities, and career goals.
- Continuing students will create accurate class schedules for the up-coming semester by following a degree check sheet.
- First-time, full-time freshmen who receive an Early Alert will persist from their first fall semester to their first spring semester.
Student Support Services
- Students receiving tutoring from the SSS Math and/or SSS Writing tutorial labs will be satisfied with their tutoring experience.
- Students who receive tutoring in the SSS Math and/or Writing Lab will improve their course grade as a result of tutoring.
- Students will understand the basic knowledge of financial literacy.
The Testing Center
- Constituents in contact with the Testing Center will receive accurate and complete information regarding available tests, rationale for test selection, and/or testing procedures.
- Students taking computerized placement tests will understand the implications of their test scores.
- Constituents will be served in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Students will visit the Cameron University tutoring centers, specifically the Mathematics Lab, Center for Writers, and Center for Academic Success.
- Students will indicate their level of satisfaction with various aspects of their experience in a Cameron tutoring center.
- Student tutors will explain content to students using understandable language and other pedagogical techniques.
- Students will use content and skills learned in the tutoring centers to complete work assigned in their courses.