AY 2011-2012 Student Learning Outcomes
1. Students will use graphics (photo, video, artwork, chart or animation) and/or text (spoken as narration, or written) to communicate effectively.
2. Students will identify situations with the potential for ethical or legal conflict and explain how these situations were resolved.
3. Students will develop a product based on a needs assessment which they must conduct.
4. Before producing a multimedia product, the student will conduct a target audience analysis to help them determine the content, media, and language to be used in their production.
5. In producing a multimedia product, students demonstrate that they analyzed the characteristics of one or more existing and/or emerging development/delivery technologies and selected the most appropriate technologies for their product's development.
6. The student will use a multimedia (instructional, informational, or entertainment) product in which they used a variety of techniques and strategies to define and sequence multimedia content.
7. Students will produce a multimedia product in which they capture and edit digitized graphics, animation, audio and/or video and import one or more of those media into computer-based and/or web-based applications.
8. Students will demonstrate competence with one basic web development language or with an advanced web authoring language/tool for which the basic language is a prerequisite.