310 - Biology - BS
AY 2011-2012 Student Learning Outcomes
1. Students will identify the organization of cells, multi-cellular systems, and cellular processes.
2. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the principles of molecular genetics, mechanisms of genetic modification, and mechanisms of heredity and adaptation.
3. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the principles of evolution, interactions between populations and their environment, and mechanism of adaptation.
4. Students will classify organisms in a manner consistent with perceived evolutionary histories.
5. Students will competently apply current technology and scientific methodologies to collect, analyze, and interpret quantitative and qualitative data.
6. Students will effectively communicate data and scientific principles in written and oral form.