The Office of Extended Learning
- Honors students will demonstrate the ability to collaborate with colleagues by actively participating in or organizing an activity designed to benefit the campus or the community.
- Honors students will develop awareness and respect for cultural differences and demonstrate the ability to work with/within diverse groups to better engage the campus and the community.
- Honors students will demonstrate the skills to do independent research on complex problems and present their work to faculty and peers.
- Honors students will incorporate at least one discipline outside their major(s) in their exploration of an idea or problem.
- Honors students will demonstrate leadership skills (organization and planning, communication, delegation) by having taken one or more leadership roles in Honors curricular, co-curricular, or extra-curricular activities.
- Open Doors eighth grade students will submit an Oklahoma Promise application package.
- Ninth grade Open Doors participants will maintain at least a 2.75 average GPA each year.
- Open Doors participants completing the end of year evaluation will score program career services with a grade of "A" or "B" when asked if they learned more about different careers and what careers are best for them.
- Open Doors' seniors enrolling in Cameron University the fall semester following high school graduation will persist to the subsequent fall semester.
- Open Doors program alums will complete a post-secondary program within six years of graduating from high school.
- Students will demonstrate cross-cultural adaptability when participating in study abroad tours.
- Students will be satisfied with their study abroad experience.
- Students who are selected to participate in Upward Bound will meet the following preferred characteristics: 1) GPA as desired by the Upward Bound program 2) a moderate number of extra-curricular activities 3) demonstrate a desire and the ability to succeed in high school 4) meet income requirements and/or meet first generation requirements (parents have not graduated from college 5) have a career interest requiring a college degree.
- Upward Bound parents who participate in parent meetings will report a better understanding of how to assist their child in transitioning to and succeeding in their collegiate educational efforts.
- Upward Bound seniors enrolling in college the fall semester following high school graduation will persist to the subsequent fall semester.
- Students who participate in Upward Bound will complete either an associate's or bachelor's degree within six years of graduating from high school.
- Cameron University Upward Bound students who participate in the summer program will show improvement in their mathematics skills.
- Cameron University Upward Bound students who participate in the summer program will show improvement in their English skills.