What should I bring to the test?
- A photo ID (Student ID, Military ID, or current passport)
- $80.00 CLEP payment (check, money order, or credit card)
- AND $15.00 Cameron University payment (check/money order) (or $25.00 if you are doing the essay portion of College Composition Modular)
- Checks/money orders that need to be mailed can be sent to: Cameron University, Testing Center, 2800 West Gore Blvd., Lawton, OK 73505
- Active Duty Military - no charge. (DANTES will no longer fund retesting on a previously funded CLEP exam title.)
- Students who do not have the above payment to CLEP and Cameron University will not be admitted to the exam.
How much time do I have to take the exam?
- You will need to allow 2 hours for the exam
- All exams are 1 ½ hours, timed, except College Composition Modular- exam is 90 minutes for multiple choice and a 70 minute essay section.
How will I know if I passed?
- Your unofficial score will print automatically upon completion of your exam. A minimum score of 50 is required for all exams.
- The College Composition exam takes 4-6 weeks to receive a score, and the College Composition Modular, essay exam takes 2-3 weeks.
When will the credit be entered on my transcript?
- When the official scores are received from CLEP, the credit will be sent to Transcript Office to be recorded. (total, 2-3 weeks)
- Credit will be entered on your transcript only after 12 hours have been completed at Cameron University. For military and their dependents, credit will be entered after initial paid enrollment.
Will CLEP credit go toward my GPA?
- No, you will receive Advanced Standing credit for hours for each exam
How long do I have to wait to retest?
- Exactly 6 months from the previous test date
I don't understand the College Composition Modular exam.
- This exam contains two parts - multiple choice and a written essay portion.
- You must pass (score of 50) the multiple choice portion to be "eligible" to write the essay.
- You do not have to write the essay.
- At Cameron University, for a passing score on the multiple choice portion, you will be awarded credit for ENGL 1113. For a "pass" on the additional essay you will be awarded credit for ENGL 1213.