The Cameron University Testing Center supports student retention and success by providing examinations and resources to assist academic and professional advancement and development both internally to faculty, staff, and students and externally to the Southwest Oklahoma community. The Testing Center is committed to maintaining professional testing standards and practices, safeguarding confidentiality of student records, and creating an optimal testing environment in accordance with the National College Testing Association professional standards and guidelines.
The Testing Center additionally supports student retention and success by:
- administering appropriate exams to determine initial course placement,
- referring students to appropriate resources for test preparation and registration,
- serving as the primary liaison for outside testing agencies and institutions,
- making national and professional entrance, certification, and advanced-standing examinations available to the university and the community, and
- facilitating the testing needs of on-campus and distance-learning students.