The Institutional TOEFL exam is given in the Testing Center three times a year, by appointment only (additional exams will be given as necessary, contact the Testing Center for upcoming dates). You must register in person at least one month prior to the exam at the Testing Center, North Shepler Building, Fifth Floor, Room 532.
Purpose and make-up of exam -
- Exam can only be used for admission to Cameron University.
- Evaluates the English proficiency of students whose native Language is not English.
- Each test uses a timed multiple-choice format to measure the ability to understand North American English.
- Each exam is given in a single session of about two and a half hours. Each session consists of three timed sections:
A. Listening Comprehension (35 min.)
B. Structure and Written Expression (25 min.)
C. Reading Comprehension (55 min.)
Where do I get study material?
- An Examinee Handbook and Admission Form will be given to you at registration in Testing Center. Additional study material can be found at www.toefl.org
When will exams be given?
- At least one month prior to each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer). Dates will be listed on monthly calendar on the Testing Center webpage at www.cameron.edu, or you can call the Testing Center at (580) 581-2502.
How do I register for exam?
- Register in person at the Testing Center, North Shepler, 5th floor at least one month before testing date and pay a $20.00 non-refundable deposit when registering.
Cost of exam -
- The total fee is $50.00; $20.00 non-refundable fee paid when registering and $30.00 fee paid on day of exam. All fees are to be paid by check or money order made payable to Cameron University.
What score is required and when will I get my scores?
- Score required: 500
- Scores will be available within 2 business days
- Score required for Graduate enrollment: 550
What should I bring to exam?
- Arrive at least fifteen minutes prior to start time
- Bring a photo ID (Student ID, Military ID, Driver’s License, current passport), payment and Admission Form.