Advanced Standing Credit-Policies and Regulations
Students enrolled at Cameron University may receive degree credit for post-secondary level extra-institutional learning related to subject areas, courses, and programs of study offered by Cameron University. The Provost is responsible for developing and administering policies and procedures for awarding advanced standing credit. Advanced standing credit awards are made under policies and procedures designed to assure that reliable and valid measures of learning outcomes have been applied.
- A maximum of 45 semester hours of advanced standing credit can be applied toward associate degrees; a maximum of 64 semester hours can be applied toward baccalaureate degrees.
- Advanced standing credit must be validated by successful completion of at least 12 semester hours at Cameron before being placed on the transcript. Advanced standing credit awarded to military service personnel and their dependents will be placed on the transcript upon initial paid enrollment.
- Advanced standing credit is identified on the transcript by "Adv Standing" .
- The "S" grade is assigned to credits earned by advanced standing.
- Credit granted will be included only in the number of hours earned, not in GPA calculations.
- Credit for College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) are granted according to ACE recommendations for number of credit hours and minimum score.
- Credit will be granted for College Board's Advanced Placement Program (AP) for scores of 3 or higher.
- Credit for non-collegiate schools, such as those offered by military services, businesses, industry, unions, or governmental agencies, will be awarded according to ACE and PONSI recommendations.
- Credit for experiential learning will be granted on course-by-course basis using institutionally-prepared exams.
- A score equivalent to a grade of "C" will be used as the minimum passing score for institutionally-prepared exam.
- Credit for military occupational specialties (MOS) will be granted on course-by-course basis when the department responsible for offering the course validates equivalency to a Cameron course.
Contact the Testing Center
(580) 581-2502 Voice
(580) 581-2593 FAX
North Shepler 5th Floor
2800 W Gore Blvd
Lawton, OK 73505
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday