Cameron University is committed to providing Cameron students, staff, faculty, and visitors a safe environment in which they live, work, study and learn. This commitment includes a full-service, on-campus police department, as well as programs and services designed to make students more aware of how they can keep themselves and their property safe and secure.
The Cameron University Office of Public Safety is a progressive, full-service law enforcement agency, staffed with state certified police officers. The Office of Public Safety is responsible for all law enforcement, and officers are on duty safeguarding the Cameron community 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year.
The Office of Public Safety (OPS) offers the following resources and assistance:
- 24 Hour Availability: Contact OPS at any time for immediate assistance.
- Vehicle Unlocks and Dead Battery Assistance: Locked your keys in your car? Left the light on and now the battery is dead? It happens to all of us, and OPS is available to assist you while you are on campus.
- Escort Service: OPS officers offer an escort service to provide secure, safe passage across campus to students, staff, faculty and visitors. This is a safety escort only.
- Emergency Call Boxes: Cameron University has thirteen emergency call boxes located in various locations across campus. These call boxes provide students immediate contact with officers in the event of an emergency.
- Campus Programming: Programming is the key to safety on campus. The Office of Public Safety will arrange to provide programs relating to safety issues, drug/alcohol issues, sexual assault/rape awareness, and self-defense.
Contact Public Safety
In an emergency 581-2911