Welcome to the conference information page. Here you will find an online (and downloadable) version of the conference program as well an overview of conference events and directions to campus as well as access to map of campus and parking information.
- Reaching Campus Directly from I-44: The main way to reach campus is via I-44 West. To reach campus directly from I-44 West take the Roger's Lane Exit (Exit 40B) and proceed west on NW Roger's Lane until you reach SW 38th Street. Turn left onto SW 38th street and proceed 2 miles on SW 38th Street to reach the main campus, which will be on your left once you reach the intersection of SW 38th Street & Gore Blvd. Drive past 38th Street & Gore and take the second left onto Dr. Elsie Hamm Drive. Then take your third left onto Black and Gold Blvd. and proceed to the intersection of Black and Gold Blvd. and Ole Kim Lane. You should now see parking on your left and right with convenient access to all conference venues.
- Reaching Campus from the Spring Hill Suites: Leave the parking lot via the west exit, turning right onto SE 6th Street. Alternatively leave the parking lot via the west exit and turn left onto SE 7th Street. Proceed until you reach W. Gore Blvd. and follow the common directions in the indented paragraph below.
- Reaching Campus from the Comfort Inn and Suites: Leave the parking lot via east exit, turning left onto SE Interstate Drive. Proceed northwards on SE Interstate Drive until you reach SE 7th Street. Turn right onto SE 7th. Proceed until you reach W. Gore Blvd. and follow the common directions in the indented paragraph below.
- Then turn left onto W. Gore Blvd. Drive about 3 miles west on W. Gore Blvd. until you see the main entrance of the university on your left. Before you see the main entrance you should see Comanche County Memorial Hospital on your right. Turn left from W. Gore Blvd. on campus and then turn right at the first stop sign onto Black and Gold Blvd. Then proceed one block and turn left. After you pass the main Administration Building you should see CETES on your left and there will be ample parking with access to all conference venues.
Finding Your Way Around on Campus
The CU Campus is self-contained and pedestrian friendly. Once you arrive on campus you will be able to reach the various conference venues by foot with ease. To make finding conference sites as easy as possible click on the link in this sentence for a downloadable and printable map of campus.
You may park in any parking spaces on campus apart from those marked in blue, which are reserved for CU faculty.
Conference Schedule at a Glance
Friday, March 8th
- 12:00-4:00 p.m.: Tours of the Mattie Beal Home led by members of the Alpha Alpha Kappa Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta; please R.S.V.P. by contacting Dr. Sarah Janda: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2:00-4:00 p.m.: Meeting of Oklahoma Historians at the Mattie Beal Home
- 5:00 p.m.: Conference Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration Opens outside the CETES Conference Room
- 5:00-6:00 p.m.: Banquet Reception, CETES Conference Room
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.: Banquet and Plenary Address “Inflated! Telling the Truth about Grades in Higher Education,” by Dr. Robert Griswold, CETES Conference Room
Saturday, March 9th
- 7:30-8:15 a.m.: Breakfast and final late registration in the Ross Hall Lobby.
- 7:45-8:05 a.m.: Judges Meeting, Ross Hall
- 8:15-9:30 a.m.: First Round of Paper Sessions, Ross Hall
- 9:45-11:00 a.m.: Second Round of Paper Sessions, Ross Hall
- 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Third Round of Paper Sessions, Ross Hall
- 12:30-12:45 p.m.: Judges Meeting, McMahon Centennial Complex, Buddy Green Room
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. Luncheon and Keynote Address “Eco-Warrior Women: Gender and Direct-Action Environmentalism,” by Dr. Katrina Lacher, McMahon Centennial Complex Ballroom