Online Education Complaint Process
Cameron University seeks to maintain the highest standards of integrity and fairness in all of its relationships and with all of its stakeholders including students, faculty and staff. In the event disagreements or concerns arise, we make every effort to resolve them in a timely and fair manner.
If concerns about online education courses, programs or policies rise to the level requiring the filing of a formal complaint, students are asked to following the following process:
- If you experience a problem with online courses, programs or service, contact the Office of Distance Learning. You can reach us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, at 580-581-5498 or 855-300-9092.
- For issues with enrollment, advisement, records or financial aid, contact information is provided by following the links in the highlighted areas above.
- If you are experiencing a problem with another student, consult the Code of Student Conduct. If necessary, contact the Office of Student Development.
- If you are experiencing a problem with a professor, please follow the complaint process outlined in Section 6 of the Cameron University Academic Regulations, which is found in the Student Handbook.
This university encourages students to meet with their instructor to attempt to resolve any issues and concerns. However, if a concern cannot be directly resolved with the faculty member, students may pursue a complaint by progressing through the administrative channels by contacting the instructor’s department chair, school dean, and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- If the student pursues the complaint via the institution's formal procedures for complaints to the highest level possible and still perceives the concerns have not been adequately addressed, the student may file a complaint against a higher education institution in Oklahoma with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE).
- Out of state students may file a complaint with the State Licensing Authority where they reside.
- Cameron University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) to offer programs of study leading to the associates, baccalaureate and masters degree. Information regarding the complaint process may be found at www.ncahlc.org/HLC-Institutions/complaints.html.
- If you have other complaints about online courses or programs that are not addressed above, please contact
Dr. Sylvia Burgess
Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
2800 W. Gore Blvd.
Lawton, OK 73505