The Oklahoma Review is a continuous, online publication. We publish two issues each year: Spring (May) and Fall (December).
The Oklahoma Review only accepts manuscripts during two open reading periods:
- Reading dates for the Fall issue will now be from August 1 to October 15.
- Reading dates for the Spring issue will be January 1 to March 15.
- Submissions are welcome from any serious writer working in English. E-mail your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writers may submit the following:
- Prose fiction pieces of 30 pages or less.
- As many as five (5) poems of any length.
- Nonfiction prose pieces of 30 pages or less
- Files should be sent as e-mail attachments in either .doc or .rft format. We will neither consider nor return submissions sent in hard copy, even if return postage is included.
- When sending multiple submissions (e.g. five poems), please include all the work in a single file rather than five separate files.
- Authors should also provide a cover paragraph with a short biography in the body of their e-mail.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable. Please indicate in your cover letter if your work is under consideration.
- Please direct all submissions and inquiries to email@example.com