National Conference on Undergraduate Research
UCO Nigh University Center
100 North University Drive
Edmond, OK 73034
NCUR's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) is strongly committed to the wide expression of all forms and topics of undergraduate research, by all members of the undergraduate research community, and views with great concern any actions or policies that affect that commitment to inclusivity. As Elizabeth Ambos, CUR’s Executive Officer notes: “CUR’s programs, including its signature student research conference, the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), serve as “home” for all champions and practitioners of undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative inquiry.”
The University of Central Oklahoma is dedicated to educating creative, collaborative graduates who are adaptable and engaged critical thinkers, who are receptive to new ideas, who celebrate the diversity, and who will live fulfilling lives. By supporting and celebrating diversity in areas including race, class, gender, ethnicity, culture, religion, ableness, sexual and affectional orientation, gender expression, and other aspects of self-identification, the university expands the social and conceptual horizons both of students and of faculty and staff members, and it contributes to the intellectual, cultural, economic, and social advancement of the communities it serves.
Both CUR and the University of Central Oklahoma, this year's host for the NCUR, pledge that the 2018 conference will provide a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment for all students and other participants.
Session (Presentation) Information
All abstracts should have been submitted in December. Notifications will begin January 23 through mid-February. Should your abstract be accepted, you may register for the conference using the same login information. Online Registration is open from January 23 - March 9, 2018. Onsite registration is the only option after March 9, 2018.
Before you register for NCUR 2018 make sure you check out the FREE Pre-Conference Workshops. There are five tracks to choose from. Space is limited!
- All NCUR attendees must register individually. Abstracts are tied to student registrations.
- All faculty and staff accompanying students must register individually.
- Individual registrants can choose to pay either with their own personal credit cards (Visa, MC, or American Express) or select "Invoice My Institution".
- If registrants select the "Invoice My Institution" option, provide the CU Conference Coordinator contact information below:
Dr. Sylvia Burgess
Conference coordinators will receive an email invoice listing all registrants under their name, as well as payment options.
- Registration fees include participation in the Pre-Conference Workshops on Wednesday afternoon, April 4th (including light refreshments) and breakfast and lunch all three days (April 5th - 7th) of the conference. Not included in the registration fees are dinners, incidental expenses, hotel costs, or excursion costs.
- For more information, please visit NCUR 2018 Registration Information.
- Requests for specific presentation dates and times will not be accepted.
- Only one registration per email address.
- Onsite registration is the only option after March 9, 2018.
- On-site registrants will receive registration material on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
- Refunds and/or Cancellation Fees (located near bottom of page)
Successful Conference Participation
- Register by Friday, March 9, 2018. Onsite registration is the only option after March 9, 2018.
- Develop your presentation based on Session Information guidelines above.
- FREE Poster Printing for Cameron students if submitted no later than March 16, 2018!
- Save poster file on flash drive
- Deliver to Cameron University Printing Services by deadline.
- Printing is not guaranteed after March 16th, and any printing fees incurred become the responsibility of the student.
- Bus Reservation: Reserve a seat on the bus by March 28, 2018. Bus departure is scheduled each day from the Cameron University Library parking lot at the following times:
Wednesday, April 4 10:00am
Thursday, April 5 6:00am
Friday, April 6 6:00am
Saturday, April 7 6:00am
An email confirmation with additional details will be sent prior to the travel dates.
- Complete the Voluntary Assumption of Risk and Informed Consent (T8) form by March 29th, and submit to the Office of Extended Learning via:
Mail: Cameron University
2800 W Gore Blvd., Ross Hall #121
Lawton, OK 73505
In person: Ross Hall #121
- Make your 2018 NCUR presentation, scheduled from April 5-7, 2018.