Elementary school students from kindergarten through fifth grade who have created winning projects at their elementary school science fair are invited to participate in Cameron University’s 2018 Young Learners Science Exposition. The science fair, hosted by the CU Department of Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering, takes place on Tuesday, April 24 in the McCasland Ballroom. The entry registration deadline is Wednesday, April 18. There is no charge to enter. To register an entry, contact the Cameron University Department of Chemistry, Physics and Engineering. For more information, contact Dr. Clint Bryan at 580-591-8006 or via email at email@example.com
Now in its sixth year, the Young Learners Science Exposition is open to the winning projects at each grade level of area elementary school science fairs. Local school science fair coordinators must certify the project on the registration entry form for consideration.
Project categories include:
- Behavioral science: psychology, sociology, and family science
- Natural science: biology, chemistry, physics, agriculture, space science, and earth science
- Engineering science: computer engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, and agricultural engineering
- Geography/geosciences: a study in locations and places, people and events, and landscapes
- Scientific method: an experiment that follows the experimental design of collecting evidence to disprove a stated hypothesis
- Science illustrations/Drawing: Illustrations are to be placed on 19” x 20” foam core board.
Projects should be set up in the McCasland Ballroom between 4:30 and 6 p.m. on Monday, April 23. Public viewing is available from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Trophy and ribbon presentations will occur Tuesday, April 24, at 6:30 p.m. First, second, and third place ribbons will be presented for various categories at individual grade levels.
Funding for trophies and ribbons has been provided by the Wichita Falls-Duncan Section of the American Chemical Society.
April 10, 2018