Enroll now for Spring 2017 semester at Cameron University

Enrollment is now underway for the Spring 2017 semester at Cameron University. Degree-seeking students must be advised prior to enrolling for the upcoming semester. First-time students, new transfer students, and undeclared students should contact the Academic Advising Center at 580-581-6741 to schedule an appointment. All other students should check AggieAccess to determine their assigned advisor and should meet with that advisor. Classes for the Spring 2017 begin on Monday, January 9.

“Our goal is to make enrollment as seamless as possible for all students, whether they are freshmen, transfer students, seniors approaching graduation or graduate students embarking on a new degree program,” says Jon Horinek, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success.  “We recommend that students enroll now rather than waiting until the end of the fall semester, as the spring semester course offerings tend to fill up relatively quickly.”

For the Spring 2017 semester, CU offers 964 undergraduate course sections and 71 graduate course sections. Classes meet the full gamut of scheduling options at the Lawton campus as well as the CU-Duncan campus: traditional weekday classes, online courses, evening classes, hybrid classes and ITV classes.

In order to facilitate degree completion in a timely manner, all CU students have access to Degree Works, an electronic-based degree audit and advising tool designed to help students and their advisors in reviewing degree progress. By logging into Degree Works, students can determine what course requirements are needed to complete their specified degree. The program can also be used to determine how completed coursework could be applied to another major, concentration or minor using the “What-If” option.

“Degree Works is an incredibly useful tool which allows students to map their road to degree completion,” says Horinek. “It plays a vital role in the enrollment process, and we encourage all students to review their degree progress before enrolling.”

DegreeWorks can be accessed through the student’s Aggie Access account.

For more information, contact that Academic Advising Center at 580-581-6741.


PR #16-170

November 2, 2016