The Center for Emerging Technology and Entrepreneurial Studies (CETES) located at Cameron University presents Tech Night on Tuesday, September 16, from 6-9 p.m. This month’s presentation features Sagar Katta, an entrepreneur and certified project management professional with more than 15 years of business and software consulting experience, including with major companies IBM, Accenture and Deloitte. The session will take place in the Sarkeys Conference Room (Room 207) at CETES. Tech Night is open to the public at no charge.
- Enterprise system software is a multi-billion dollar industry that produces components that support a variety of business functions. IT investments have become the largest category of capital expenditure in United States-based businesses over the past decade. Katta will address a host of topics on this subject, including:
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP), which is business management software -- usually a suite of integrated applications -- that a company can use to collect, store, manage and interpret data from many business activities. Examples of ERP modules include financial accounting, human resources, manufacturing, order processing, supply chain management and project management. Though early ERP systems focused on large enterprises, smaller enterprises increasingly use ERP systems.
- Enterprise application integration (EAI), which is the use of software and computer systems architectural principles to integrate a set of enterprise computer applications or enterprise applications or ERP modules.
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA), which is a software design and software architecture design pattern based on distinct pieces of software providing application functionality as services to other applications. It is independent of any vendor, product or technology.
- Business process management (BPM), which focuses on improving corporate performance by managing and optimizing a company's business processes.
- For more information, call CETES at 580-581-5447.
September 12, 2014