Cameron Library Group Study Room Policy
Phone: (580) 581-2956
Cameron Library makes several individual rooms available for academic use by Cameron students, faculty and staff.
- TV (All rooms except for Room 116). TV remote controls are on reserve at the Circulation Desk for checkout.
- DVD player or TV/DVD Combos (Rooms 102,105,106, 114 & 222)
- VCR (Rooms 102, 105, 109A & 222)
- Blackboard (All rooms)
- Computer (Rooms 106 & 109)
- Microfilm Reader (Room 102)
- Computer projector mounted from ceiling (the Room 116). The remote control is on reserve at the Circulation Desk for checkout.
- Retractable screen in the ceiling (Room 116)
- Overhead projector (Available by request)
- Lectern (Room 116)
- Nine laptop computers are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
- Reservations can be made for group study, video viewing or presentation rehearsal.
- The rooms may be scheduled through the circulation desk either by phone or in person.
- Rooms are reserved for up to two hours.
- Reservations may be made up to two months in advance.
- The rooms may not be reserved for a full semester.
- Reservations may be cancelled if patrons are more than 10 minutes late.
- A patron must show his/her Cameron I.D., or courtesy card, or alumni card to use a study room.
- The study room will be checked out into the patron’s Cameron Library account.
- If a community user without a courtesy card account wants to use a study room, he/she needs to apply for a courtesy card account.
- At the end of two hours, the room can be renewed if no one else is waiting for the room or has the room reserved.
- If Library staff determine a checked-out room is unoccupied for more than 15 minutes and a group is waiting, all belongings of the occupants will be placed in the Library’s Lost and Found. The room will then be made available to other patrons.
- Tutoring conducted by Cameron students is considered group study. The individual being tutored may wait in the study room for the tutor to arrive.
- Patrons are responsible for appropriate use of Library equipment.
- Groups have priority over individuals to use study rooms unless an individual needs to use video viewing equipment.
- Patrons who wish to make presentation rehearsals have priority for using the presentation room.
- A patron who wishes to use the microfilm reader has priority for using the microfilm room (Room 102).
- One individual may use a room if there is one available when he or she visits the library. However, if a group or a person who needs to view a film arrives, the individual should vacate the room. All rooms should be in use before anyone is asked to vacate a room.
- If an individual is waiting for a room and a group wants to renew a room, the group still has priority.
- If a group is waiting for a room and another group wants to renew a room, the former has priority.
- The library decorum policy applies to the study rooms.
- Food and drink, except for plain water in a closed bottle, are prohibited.
- No signs, fliers or banners may be attached to any wall, ceiling or library property.
- Room doors may need to be kept closed during a discussion, video viewing or a presentation rehearsal to avoid disturbing others.
- Rooms must be vacated five minutes prior to library closing.
- Users must clean up after themselves and leave the room in good condition for the next users.
- Misuse of the media rooms and/or equipment may result in loss of library privileges and/or financial obligations.
- Illegal substances are strictly forbidden.
Phone: (580) 581-2956