Group Study Rooms
Cameron Library makes several individual rooms available for academic use by Cameron students, faculty and staff.
- Group Study Rooms may be reserved only by groups of two or more students.
- Reservations can be made for group study, video viewing or presentation rehearsal.
- The rooms may be scheduled through the circulation desk either by phone or in person.
- Rooms are reserved for up to two hours.
- Reservations may be made up to two months in advance.
- The rooms may not be reserved for a full semester.
- If a Group Study Room is not in use, individuals are welcome to use the room until the room is required to accommodate a group. In the event there are no other available Group Study Rooms, Library staff will politely notify the individual student that the room must be relinquished to the group.
- Individual Study Carrels are available for individual students on the second floor. Computers are available in some Carrels (RMs 205 & 208).
- If an individual student needs access to certain technology that is not available in an Individual Study Carrel, Library staff will make every effort to find a space that will accommodate the individual student’s needs after the student has relinquished a Group Study Room.
- Reservations may be cancelled if patrons are more than 10 minutes late.
- A patron must show his/her Cameron I.D., or courtesy card, or alumni card to use a study room.
- The study room will be checked out into the patron’s Cameron Library account.
- If a community user without a courtesy card account wants to use a study room, he/she needs to apply for a courtesy card account.
- At the end of two hours, the room can be renewed if no one else is waiting for the room or has the room reserved.
- If Library staff determine a checked-out room is unoccupied for more than 15 minutes and a group is waiting, all belongings of the occupants will be placed in the Library’s Lost and Found. The room will then be made available to other patrons.
- Patrons are responsible for appropriate use of Library equipment.
- An individual patron who wants to use a study room may be required to sign an agreement.
- Groups have priority over individuals to use study rooms unless an individual needs to use video viewing equipment.
- Cameron students, faculty and staff have priority over community users to use study rooms.
- Patrons who wish to make presentation rehearsals have priority for using the presentation room (Room 116).
- Parents with kids have priority over other patrons for using the Family Room (Room 118).
- Honor or PLUS students have priority over graduate students for using the Honor Room (Room 109).
- An individual may use a room if there is one available. However, if a group or a person who needs to view a film arrives, the individual should vacate the room. All rooms should be in use before anyone is asked to vacate a room. An individual who came earlier should be the first to be asked to vacate a room if there are more than one individual using the rooms.
- If an individual is waiting for a room and a group wants to renew a room, the group still has priority.
- If a group is waiting for a room and another group wants to renew a room, the former has priority.
- The library decorum policy applies to the study rooms.
- No signs, fliers or banners may be attached to any wall, ceiling or library property.
- Room doors may need to be kept closed during a discussion, video viewing or a presentation rehearsal to avoid disturbing others.
- Rooms must be vacated five minutes prior to library closing.
- Users must clean up after themselves and leave the room in good condition for the next users.
- Misuse of the media rooms and/or equipment may result in loss of library privileges and/or financial obligations.
- Illegal substances are strictly forbidden.
- TV (All rooms except for Room 116). TV remote controls are on reserve at the Circulation Desk for checkout.
- DVD player or TV/DVD Combs (Rooms 105, 116, 114 & 222)
- VCR (Rooms 105 & 118)
- Blackboard (All rooms)
- Computer (Rooms 105, 106, 109, 114, 116, 118, 201 & 224)
- Computer projector mounted from ceiling (Room 116). The remote control is on reserve at the Circulation Desk for checkout.
- Retractable screen in the ceiling (Room 116)
- Overhead projector (Room 116)
- Ten laptop computers are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Last updated: October 24, 2017