Cameron University Library maintains a textbook reserve collection. Students may determine whether copies are available for use by either searching the library's catalog, browsing the shelving area alphabetically by course name in room, or by direct inquiry. Each student may borrow an item by presenting his or her valid Cameron University identification card to the desk attendant on duty and agreeing to follow the textbook reserve collection rules listed below:
- Each item is due back to the information desk within four hours of check out, except when borrowed near closing time. Items borrowed near closing time are due within one hour after opening the next day.
- No renewals are permitted.
- Additional check outs within each twenty-four-hour time period are not permitted.
- For each two hours that a textbook is returned late, the borrower will be blocked from further checkouts for one day.
- If a textbook is returned ten hours overdue, the borrower will owe a $25.00 late fee. After the book is ten hours overdue, the $25.00 fine will increase by $2.00 per hour until the fine reaches the cost of the book.
- Should the fine reach the cost of the book, the borrower will owe the cost of the book plus a $25.00 processing fee whether or not the book is returned.
- Failure to return an item in good condition and without marking results in a charge consisting of the full replacement cost of the time plus a $25.00 processing fee.
- Payment methods are with exact cash or check to the circulation desk or by credit card to a Cameron University cashier.
- In the event of personal emergency, make arrangements for the return of the material.
To determine textbook availability, please search the catalog by textbook title or by using the course number as a keyword. For the most current information, visit Cameron University Library.