Phone: (580) 581-2956
The Cameron University Library offers a Kindle Fire Tablet checkout service to Cameron students, staff and faculty. The library owns twenty four tablets in total. Guidelines for checkout and use of tablets are as follows:
· Currently enrolled Cameron students, staff, or faculty may borrow and use the devices.
· An eligible patron is allowed to borrow one Kindle Fire tablet at a time.
· The device will be checked out to the borrower’s Cameron Library account by presenting a valid Cameron ID card.
· The checkout period for each Kindle Fire tablet is four hours.
· Overnight checkout is not permitted.
· All borrowed Kindle Fire tablets must be returned to the circulation desk.
· For each two hours that a Kindle Fire tablet is overdue, the borrower’s circulation account will be blocked for one day, and a “Hold” will be placed on the borrower’s account in AggieAccess.
· After one day an unreturned Kindle Fire tablet will be considered lost. The patron will be billed for replacement fees, and the Hold in AggieAccess will remain until the account is settled.
· It is the borrower’s full responsibility and fiscal liability for all costs associated with damage to a Kindle Fire tablet during the period it is on loan or its replacement costs should it be lost or stolen.