Cameron University Library Circulation Policy
Phone: (580) 581-2956
The library's circulation policies try to ensure that each patron may borrow needed materials for a time period long enough in duration to accomplish reading, research and analysis needs yet short enough in duration to ensure that materials are readily available to others who may seek them.
A Cameron University picture identification card, or a current alumni or courtesy card is required to borrow books and place requests. Use of the ID indicates agreement to observe library policies.
Materials That Circulate
- Circulating materials held at the circulation desk
- Circulating materials shelved on the second floor
- Curriculum materials
- Phi Delta Kappa materials
- Designated reserves
- Interlibrary loan materials not designated library use only
- DVDs & VHS
- Vision Booster Magnifiers
Materials That Do Not Circulate
- Reference materials*
- Serials, newspapers, magazines*
- Archive and special collections materials
- Interlibrary loan materials designated Library Use Only
- Microfilm and microfiche
* Librarians may make exceptions. Exceptions require completion and patron signature of check-out cards.
Presented below are circulation limits and periods by patron type. Under certain circumstances, librarians and full-time library circulation staff members make exceptions to these limits.
|Status||Loan Period||Checkout Limits*|
|Faculty||180 Days||50 items|
|Adjunct Faculty||End of current semester||25 items|
|Staff/Graduate||60 days||25 items|
|Undergraduate||30 days||15 items|
|Alumni Association Member||30 days||10 items|
|Courtesy Card****||20 days||5 items|
* The loan period of textbooks is only FOUR hours. The music CDs in the Fine Arts Lab have different loan periods and limits.
** Videos and Music CDs are limited to five. Reserved items are limited to four. Textbooks are limited to two. The limit on circulating materials limits all together all formats.
*** An OK-Share Card holder will be issued a CU Courtesy Card to check out circulating materials.
A student who is not currently enrolled but who has a school-related need for library service access may acquire this access upon presentation of a letter from a faculty member addressed to the Access Services Librarian. The letter should describe the former student's library-related needs.
Electronic Devices/Accessories Loan Periods and Limits
A student who is not currently enrolled, but who has a school-related need for library service access may acquire this access upon presentation of a letter from a faculty member addressed to the Access Services Librarian. The letter should describe the former student's library-related needs.
Library Use Only.
Faculty, staff and students only.
|iPad||3 days||Faculty, staff and students only; must wait 24 hrs to renew|
|Kindles||14 days||Faculty, staff, and students only|
|Headphones||4 hours||Library Use Only.|
|Vison Booster Magnifier||4 hours||Library Use Only.|
Either return items at the library's self-check stations or contact Corbin, Kai, or Patrick at 580-581-2956 for assistance. To schedule an appointment with the Director of Library Services, contact Madeline at firstname.lastname@example.org or (580) 581-2625.
Suspension of Library Privileges
Overdue items may result in loss of library privileges and other penalties.
A patron may request that a circulating item on loan be held upon its return. Upon the item's return, library staff members will notify the requesting patron of its availability. Staff members will hold the item for three days.
Maximum number of outstanding holds the patron can have is 5 items. If a patron has more than this number of outstanding holds, he is prevented from placing any additional holds.
A patron may request that a circulating item be held at the circulation desk when he/she is temporarily not able to check it out. The item will be held for three days.
The library may recall an item if another patron places a hold on the item or the item is needed for a Course Reserve.
- All materials are subject to recall except videos, which may be recalled only when a video is needed for a Course Reserve.
- Students, Faculty, and Staff members all have recall privileges. This service is not available to Courtesy Card or OK-Share Card holders.
- Recalls may be placed at the Circulation Desk or through the C.U. Library online catalog.
- The holder of a recalled item will receive a notification email with a new due date. This person may keep the recalled item for 10 days (videos are exceptions) before it is returned to the library OR keep it till the original due date, whichever comes first. Recalled material cannot be renewed.
- Materials required for the Course Reserve are subject to immediate recall.
- A library patron who fails to return a recalled book by its new due date may have his or her library privileges suspended.
- Patrons are notified by email when their recalled items have arrived. A recalled item is held at the Circulation Desk for 3 days before it goes to the next borrower or before it is re-shelved.