To ensure campus-wide compatibility for both faculty and students, these software standards are strictly enforced and supported by ITS.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro (for departments with software license)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Creative Suite (for departments with software license)
- Adobe Flash Player
- Gleim (where applicable)
- ICQ (where applicable and approved by individual departments)
- Internet Explorer
- JMP (where applicable)
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Mathematica (where applicable)
- Microsoft Forefront
- Microsoft Office
- Mozilla Firefox
- MyITLab (where applicable)
- SAS (where applicable)
- SPSS (where applicable)
- Windows Media Player
- Software that pertains to faculty or staff accomplishing their duties as employees of Cameron University.
- ITS Help Desk will only install and support software listed above.
- Cameron University policy prohibits the installation of software for which required licenses have not been obtained. ITS technicians are responsible for reporting and removing unlicensed software on any university computer.
- Any personally purchased hardware or software installed on university-owned computers is considered a "donation" and becomes the property of Cameron University.
- Installation of Microsoft operating systems or operating system upgrades will only be performed by ITS technicians. Due to conflict and/or incompatibility issues, it is imperative that the machine be tested before an operating system is purchased or installed.
- If ITS does not have a record of a Cameron purchase order, an official campus related purchase with proper licensing information or an ITS technician did not install the operating system or upgrade, no support will be provided until the software is removed. Problems with the computer will be corrected by reformatting and installing the legal and compatible operating system.