Maintaining Your Computer
Backing Up Your Data
- Running backups should be a regular part of your computer maintenance routine. ITS has provided an easy-to-use guide on how to run backups on our website.
Defrag the Hard Drive
- Go to the start menu
- Select Programs, then Accessories
- Now select System Tools and Disk Defragmenter
- Select the drive (usually C:) you want to defrag and click OK.
- ITS installs Microsoft Forefront on computers across campus as our Anti-Virus solution
- Forefront receives updates from Microsoft Updates, so you do not need to manually update the software
- To scan your computer using Forefront, double-click on the icon in the system tray by the clock
- When the program opens, click on Scan
- ITS installs Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on computers across campus as our Anti-Spyware solution
- Open Malwarebytes from the Start Menu
- To update the software, click on the Update tab and click on Check for Updates
- To scan your computer using Malwarebytes, click on the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan, and then click on the Scan button