Withdrawals and Repayment

If it is necessary for you to cancel or discontinue your enrollment in a course or courses, it is your responsibility to follow all official university withdrawal procedures as noted in the student catalog. There are federal regulations pertaining to recipients of financial aid funds who withdraw from school prior to the completion of the term. They may require the school and you, to repay some or all of the financial aid that was received. These “return of funds” regulations apply if you withdraw from all courses before completing at least 60 percent of the term. Regulations require that you “earn” financial aid over the course of a term by attending and participating in classes. If you leave school during the semester without officially withdrawing, a return of funds will be calculated based on your last day of class attendance. Withdrawing may result in a financial debt for you. You must repay the required amount during the term in which you withdraw. Students failing to repay the required amount will have a hold placed on their student account and will not be eligible to re-enroll until payment is received. We strongly urge you to visit with a financial aid counselor prior to withdrawing.

If you have already received funds and drop or withdraw from class, you will fall into one of the following categories:

  • Same enrollment computation status: Student drops from class(es) during the 100% refund period but remains in the same enrollment status in which the original assistance was computed. No repayment is required.
  • Partial Withdrawal: Student drops from class(es) during the 100% refund period and enrollment classification is then below the status in which the original assistance was computed. A portion of grants and/or loans received must be returned. The student would then be required to repay Cameron for funds returned to the U.S. Department of Education.
  • Complete Withdrawal: A computation for Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) is completed to determine the amount of funding that must be repaid by Cameron and by the student. The student would then be required to repay Cameron for funds returned to the U.S. Department of Education. This determination is made beginning with the first day of class.

If you have applied for aid buy not yet received funds:

  • Partial Withdrawal: Student withdraws from class(es) and enrollment classification is then below the status in which the original assistance was computed.  ASSISTANCE WILL BE RECOMPUTED ON NEW STATUS with original amounts adjusted.
  • Complete Withdrawal: No federal funds may be received. 

Summer Financial Aid Package

Beginning with the Summer 18 enrollment period undergraduate, Pell eligible students may be able to take advantage of "Year Round" Pell.  This means that students enrolled in at least 6 hours in the summer may be eligible to receive a half-time Pell Grant even if they received a full-time payment in both the fall and spring semesters.  students intent on attending Summer School should speak with the Financial Assistance Office for details.

Loan eligibility for the summer is based on how much you have borrowed during the Fall and Spring semesters.  If you have borrowed your maximum loan eligibility during the Fall and Spring terms you will not be eligible for the Summer term.

If you anticipate the need to use loan funds to cover summer enrollment, you may need to either adjust the amount of loans that you accept or contact a financial aid counselor to discuss a revision of your aid package. If you are interested in financial aid for the summer term, complete and submit a Summer Assistance Application AFTER you have enrolled for the term.  Applications will be available at www.cameron.edu/financial_aid after summer enrollment opens.

Tuition and Fees

Students are responsible for payment of tuition and fees for all classes in which they are enrolled. Students will not be cancelled from classes due to non-payment of tuition and fees. In order to avoid billing and finance charges, student  should drop any classes in which they do not wish to be enrolled prior to the end of the refund period.

Students should pay tuition prior to the beginning of classes. If tuition and fees are not paid, interest charges of 1.5% will be assessed monthly. If tuition is not paid in full by the end of the semester, an additional $50 will be added to the account balance.

Walk-In Payment: Payment may be made in person at One Stop in the McMahon Centennial Complex from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Telephone Payment: Payment may be made via telephone using a VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Please have your credit card ready when calling. Call 580-581-2219 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Mail-In Payment: Make checks payable to Cameron University. Mail the check or money order to: Cameron University Business Office, 2800 W. Gore Blvd., Lawton, OK 73505. Include your name and student identification number on the check.

Online Payments: To make a payment online:
1. Log into AggieAccess using your username and password.
2. Click on the “My Info” tab.
3. Select “Access Touchnet - Bills/Payments.”