It is the policy of Cameron University that classes will meet as scheduled. Inclement weather conditions may occasionally create problems for commuter students. The potential inability to attend class as a result of poor travel conditions should be discussed between faculty and students before a problem arises. Faculty should outline their policies and expectations, and students should determine whether they can accept the conditions. Any issues should be resolved at the outset of a cause. Should inclement weather conditions or other circumstances dictate closing of the university, a delay in start time or event cancellations, announcements will be made through the following media:
- KCCU Radio (Lawton-Ft. Sill - 89.3 & 102.9, Wichita Falls - 88.7, Ardmore - 90.3, Altus - 90.1, Duncan -89.3, Weatherford-Clinton-Elk City – 89.1, Chickasha – 100.1)
- KSWO (Channel 7, Lawton)
- KFDX (Channel 3, Wichita Falls)
- KAUZ (Channel 6, Wichita Falls)
- KFOR (Channel 4, OKC)
- KWTV (Channel 9, OKC)
- KOCO (Channel 5, OKC)
- Cameron University home page
- An email to all Faculty and Staff
- An email to all students (email will be sent to students’ Cameron University email account)
- Message to telephone and email contacts listed for each individual in AggieAccess through the University’s Emergency Communication System.
In the absence of any announcement, classes will be held as scheduled.
In all instances of inclement weather and/or hazardous travel, please use your best judgment concerning your own personal safety before coming to the university.