Baccalaureate Degrees & Associate in Science Degrees
The General Education program at Cameron University is a selection of courses designed to provide you with the common knowledge, intellectual concepts, breadth of skills, and attitudes that every college graduate with a baccalaureate degree or associate in science degree should possess. By the time you complete the general education program for baccalaureate and AS programs, you should be able to:
- Access information from reliable sources and use it effectively and responsibly;
- Effectively communicate in written and oral forms;
- Apply critical thinking skills to make informed decisions and evaluations;
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical conduct in a defined context;
- Demonstrate knowledge of similarities and differences among cultures;
- Make informed and reasoned responses to questions of aesthetics;
- Apply knowledge and logic to solve problems;
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
General education courses help you develop the skills essential for information literacy, communication, critical thinking, ethics, diversity, aesthetics, problem solving, and wellness.
In accordance with its mission, Cameron University’s baccalaureate and AS programs are designed to prepare students for professional success, responsible citizenship, life-long learning, and meaningful contributions to a rapidly changing world. A university degree should go beyond preparing you for a profession; it should transform your life and your community.