Cameron University is committed to meeting the needs of students with disabilities based upon documentation of a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. It is the university’s philosophy that students with a disability must have equal educational opportunities.
Disability Services provides the following services and support:
- Facilitates access to academic services for students with disabilities
- Coordinates any special classroom needs for the student
- Interacts with faculty if the student has a problem in class or needs information or referrals to other departments or agencies
- Increases faculty understanding of the needs of students with disabilities
You must self-identify and provide documentation of the disability in a timely manner in order to receive accommodations in the learning environment. A Request for Accommodations form is available in The Office of Student Development in 314 North Shepler or online at www.cameron.edu/disability_services. Students will meet with a Student Development staff member to discuss individual needs, rights and responsibilities.
Some examples of resources and services available to students with disabilities include:
- Adaptive technology
- Alternate testing, such as extended time or a distraction-free testing environment
- Alternate formats for print materials
- Faculty notification for accommodations and learning strategies
- Note-taking assistance
- Scholarship information
The Office of Student Development does NOT evaluate requests for employment accommodations. Cameron University employees, including student workers, must contact the Human Resources Office to request employment accommodations.