Top 6 Reasons to Volunteer:
#6: It saves resources. Volunteering provides valuable community services so more money can be spent on local improvements.
- The estimated value of a volunteer's time is $23.07 per hour.
#5: Volunteers gain professional experience. You can test out a career.
#4: It brings people together. As a volunteer, your assist with:
- Uniting people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal.
- Building camaraderie and teamwork.
#3: Volunteering strengthens your community. As a volunteer, you help:
- Support families (daycare and eldercare)
- Improve schools (tutoring and literacy)
- Support youth (mentoring and after-school programs)
- Beautify the community (beach and park cleanups)
#2: Volunteering encourages civic responsibility. Community service and volunteerism are an investment in our community amd the people who live in it.
#1: It's good for you! Volunteering provides physical and mental rewards. It's an investment in our community and the people who live in it. Volunteering strengthens your community. Volunteering:
- Reduces Stress - Experts report that when you focus on someone other than yourself, it interrupts usual tension-producing patterns.
- Makes your healthier - Moods and emotions, like optimism, joy and control over one's fate, strengthen the immune system.
- Helps your understand community needs - Empathy and self-efficacy can help you better engage in your community.