Applying for Financial Aid

Applying for financial aid at Cameron University begins with the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The results of the application assist the financial aid office in determining how much and what type of aid may be awarded.  The online FAFSA at will guide you through the application; click on the "Start A New FAFSA" button on the home page and follow the directions on the screen.

Here are some tips to help you along the way.

  1. Get an FSA ID...An FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites.  If you are a dependent student, your parent will also need their own FSA ID.

  2. Gather your personal info which includes your social security number (dependent students) or your spouses social security number (independent students).  Follow the instructions for the reporting and use of income information on the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).  The Financia Assistance Office can not use a copy of your federal income tax return to validate income information.  The best way to include income data is to permit the IRS to transfer the data from your completed and submitted return to your FAFSA.  If you have untaxed income you may be required to provide that as well on the FAFSA.

  3. Complete the FAFSA online...remember that filing is free!  Go to to complete the application.  Be sure to designate Cameron University as your choice by entering our school code of 003150.

  4. Sign the application...don't forget to sign the application with your FSA ID.  Dependent students are also required to have one parent sign the application with their own FSA ID as well.

  5. You will receive an acknowledgement once your FAFSA is processed.  There will be an emailed link to your Student Aid Report (SAR).  The SAR reflects the financial information you have provided.  You can use SAR to provide any corrections or updates.

  6. Check Aggie Access...once we receive and process your application, we may need additional documents to complete your aid package.  This information as well as your current aid status is available on the student "My Info" tab on Aggie Access.