Applying for financial aid at Cameron University begins with the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The results of the application assist the financial aid office in determining how much and what type of aid may be awarded. The online FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov will guide you through the application; click on the "Start A New FAFSA" button on the home page and follow the directions on the screen.
Applying for Financial Aid
Here are some tips to help you along the way.
- Get an FSA ID...An FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. If you are a dependent student, your parent will also need their own FSA ID.
- Gather your info...you will need your Social Security Number, your parent's Social Security Number, drivers license number and your federal tax information for you, your parents and/or spouse. You may also need information on untaxed income.
- Complete the FAFSA online...remember that filing is free! Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete the application. Be sure to designate Cameron University as your choice by entering our school code of 003150.
- Sign the application...don't forget to sign the application with your FSA ID. Dependent students are also required to have one parent sign the application with their own FSA ID as well.
- Review the Student Aid Report (SAR)...after completing the FAFSA, an email message is sent to you with a link to your SAR. Please review for any corrections or updates.
- Check Aggie Access...once we receive and process your application, we may need additional documents to complete your aid package. This information as well as your current aid status is available on the student "My Info" tab on Aggie Access.