How do I get an application for admission?
Applicants have the option of completing an electronic or paper application. The online application can be found here and a paper application is available through the Office of Admissions. There is a one-time $15 application fee for US citizens and a $35 fee for International applicants. This may be paid by credit card or check, and cash if delivering in person.
What are the admission requirements for pursuing a graduate degree through Cameron?
- Applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university or students who are in their last semester and within 16 credit hours of graduating may be considered for admission;
- Admission status will be determined based upon undergraduate grade point average (GPA) and receipt of transcripts. To be granted unconditional admission, applicants must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and have turned in all other required documents;
- International students are encouraged to apply and should contact the International Office for assistance with form I-20 and VISA requirements. The International Office can be reached at 580.581.2838 or at email@example.com.
- Applications may be submitted throughout the year; however, applications must be completed by the enrollment deadline for the term you intend to begin classes.
Are there additional program-level admission requirements for graduate studies at Cameron?
School of Education and Behavioral Sciences degrees:
All applicants must meet the admission requirements for graduate studies at Cameron.
School of Business degrees:
To be admitted to the MBA or MSOL degree programs, applicants must also complete the following procedures:
- Complete the admission requirements for graduate studies at Cameron and meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.5
- Have a minimum score of 500 on the GMAT or a comparable converted score on the GRE utilizing the GRE Comparison Tool for Business
- Have a minimum composite score of 1000 using the formula: Score = GMAT + (200*undergraduate GPA).
2. Sign a formal Plan of Graduate Study.
What documentation is required to apply for admission?
Applicants interested in attending Cameron for graduate school must complete an application, pay the one-time application fee, and submit official transcripts from all institutions previously attended.
Applicants to the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) are also required to submit official scores from either the GRE or GMAT exam, as well as a letter of application explaining their career objectives and how the MSOL program will contribute to those.
All military and military dependents applying to any graduate program must submit copies of their Military Orders as well as their Leave and Earnings Statement to the Admissions Office.
Are there additional requirements for international applicants?
All international applicants should visit the webpage created specifically for international admissions.
What are the requirements for submitting transcripts?
Applicants must provide transcripts detailing graduate and undergraduate coursework from ALL previously attended colleges and/or universities attended. Official transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admissions. These transcripts should come from the institution where you received academic credit, and should be certified as official by the registrar's office. Each transcript is required regardless of whether or not the applicant's final transcript with the degree posted includes all transfer credits.
Is the GRE or GMAT required for admission?
If an applicant does not meet the minimum undergraduate GPA requirement of 3.5 for the MBA and MSOL degrees then the answer is yes. The GRE or GMAT must be completed and the applicant must meet the minimum score requirement as listed above in the program-level requirements for the School of Business.
Where do I send my application for admission and other materials?
All items may be mailed to:
2800 West Gore Boulevard
Lawton, OK 73505
When will I receive notification of an admissions decision?
Once all materials have been received, approved, and processed, applicants will then receive an official letter in the mail as well as a personal phone call from a university representative.
How long will it take to complete my graduate degree?
The length of each graduate degree program at Cameron does vary, and all admitted students will discuss and develop a degree plan with their advisor.
You will have a maximum of six years from the first semester you enroll in classes at Cameron, whether or not you take a break from your studies. Degree completion includes all required and elective courses for your degree as well as completion of your outcome assessment. Your outcome assessment may be in the form of a comprehensive exam, a portfolio, or a thesis.
Do you accept transfer coursework for graduate studies?
Yes, you may apply to transfer up to 12 hours of graduate coursework from a regionally accredited institution after you have completed 12 hours of graduate credit with Cameron. These transfer credits must also be taken within the six year degree completion window. This decision will ultimately be made by your prospective graduate program's department.
When are comprehensive exams offered?
The comprehensive exams are administered three times a year: January, July, and September. You must apply to take your comprehensive exam with your graduate advisor by the end of the semester prior to which you plan to take the exam.
How do I apply for financial aid?
For types of aid and how to apply, please visit the financial aid webpage.
What is the current graduate tuition?
Information regarding graduate tuition and fees can be found here.