The Master of Science in Organizational Leadership at Cameron is designed to prepare men and women to be leaders in military, governmental, entrepreneurial, and corporate ventures as well as for further graduate study.
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
Current objectives for the M.S.O.L. program are listed on the Cameron University Transparency webpage.
To be admitted to the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program, students must obtain admission to graduate study at Cameron University and meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5.
- Have a minimum score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) of 500 or a comparable converted score on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) utilizing the GRE Comparison Tool for Business.
- Have a minimum composite score of 1000 using the formula: Score=GMAT + (200 x undergraduate GPA).
The Master of Science in Organizational Leadership consists of a minimum of 33 semester hours of graduate credit in three parts: a core of 18 hours, electives or possible specialization classes totaling 12 hours, and a master’s project/research paper class (3 hours).
A minimum of thirty-three (33) semester hours in approved graduate courses is required in the MSOL program.
MGMT 5703 Organizational Behavior
MGMT 5723 Organizational Training and Development
BUS 5973 Legal & Ethical Environment
ORGL 5713 Leadership
ORGL 5733 Change Management
ORGL 5743 Data-driven Decision-making
Although not required to do so, students may choose an area of specialization within the program by completing 12 hours of electives within a single discipline (Management or Finance).
(Note: Not all specializations may be offered during any given two year period.)
All elective/specialization graduate courses must be approved by the M.S.O.L. Graduate Advisor, the Chair of the Department of Business, and the Graduate Council.
III. CAPSTONE EXPERIENCE
ORGL 5893 Master’s Project/Research Paper
The M.S.O.L. degree will be awarded when the student has met all of the following requirements:
- Completion of core courses,
- Completion of a minimum of 33 graduate hours listed on the Graduate Plan of Study with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above,
- Passing ORGL 5893,
- Completion of the Application for Graduate Degree, and
- Completion of an exit interview.