What to Expect during the Graduate Application Process:
- If you submit your application online or in person, allow a minimum of 2 business days for processing. (Only one application should be submitted)
- All applications require additional items such as transcripts and exam scores to be submitted before an application can be reviewed for an admission decision. When these items are sent through mail and from third parties (i.e. previous schools or testing agencies), allow approximately 2 weeks from the date they were mailed for the Office of Admissions to receive them. Additional processing time will apply once items are received.
- At various points during the application process, to keep you current with the status of your application, you may be contacted via mail, email, or phone by graduate studies and the School for your degree of interest. Once admitted to graduate studies, you will receive an admission letter from the Office of Admissions.
- Additional items you may receive for your degree of interest may address advisement, enrollment procedures, and orientation procedures for your degree program.
School of Business: Two Levels of Admission Required
If you are applying for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) or the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL), your application process requires two levels of admission. You cannot begin either program without acceptance to both Cameron's Graduate Studies and the School of Business.
The enrollment deadline for online MBA/MSOL courses is 3 weeks prior to the start of classes.
- Summer 2014 deadline to enroll in online graduate courses is May 8, 2014.
- Fall 2014 deadline to enroll in online graduate courses is July 23, 2014.
School of Education and Behavioral Sciences: One Level of Admission Required
If you are applying for the Masters of Education (M.Ed.) in Education or Reading, Master of Science in Behavioral Sciences (MSBS) or Master of Science in Educational Leadership (MSEL), your application only requires admission to Cameron's Graduate Studies.
Steps to Becoming a Cameron Graduate Student:
- Review Cameron University's graduate admission and program-level admission requirements then complete your application online or with the Office of Admissions;
- Pay a one-time application fee of $15.00; International student application fee of US $35.00;
- Provide official copies of transcripts detailing graduate and undergraduate work from ALL previously attended colleges and universities. Each transcript is required whether or not the degree-awarding institution includes transfer academic credits on the transcript.
- Once admitted to Graduate Studies, contact your school's graduate coordinator to receive admission materials for your degree program and establish a plan of study;
- Enroll in classes. The degree programs' graduate coordinators and faculty advisors will enroll you in classes. There is no online or self enrollment.
Basic Admission Requirements:
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or students who are in their last semester and within 16 credit hours of graduating may be considered for admission;
- Admission status will be determined by undergraduate grade point average and receipt of transcripts. Graduate grade point average is not considered for program-level admission. To be granted unconditional admission to graduate studies at Cameron, students must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and submit all necessary application materials;
- There are additional program-level GPA requirements for the MBA and MSOL degrees. To be admissible to the School of Business, please review these admission requirements
- International students are encouraged to apply and will need to complete additional admission requirements through Cameron's Office of International Admissions;
- Applications may be submitted throughout the year; however, enrollment deadlines for each semester do apply.
Notes from the Admissions Staff:
You cannot enroll in graduate courses for the semester unless you have been admitted to the university. There are no exceptions. Classes start to fill up one to two months prior to the semester and enrollment is first come, first served. We cannot hold a spot in a class for non-admitted students or for students who have holds on their accounts which prevent enrollment. Please keep in mind that it takes one to two business days for a completed application to be processed and that your application is not considered complete without all required materials. Each additional submission (e.g. a transcript submitted after an application) can take an additional one to two business days to process once they are received.
Please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions at (580) 581-2289 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.