HISPANIC SCHOLARSHIP FUND OPENING AMERICAN MINDS
As the nation’s leading organization supporting Hispanic higher education, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) is pleased to announce the opening of its scholarship cycle.
HSF offers different scholarship programs for Hispanic American students enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program at a U.S. accredited Title-IV eligible institution in the U.S. Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. During its 29-year history, HSF has awarded more than 68,000 scholarships in excess of $144 million to Latino students.
AWARDS RANGE FROM $1,000 TO $2,500
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (note expired)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent)
- Must have applied for federal financial aid.
2008 HCF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS
- ALPFA Scholarship Program
For undergraduate and MBA students majoring in finance, accounting, or business.
- The Sallie Mae First in My Family Program
For undergraduate students who are first in their family to attend college.
- The Denny’s Scholarship Program
For undergraduate students from select cities with an interest in business.
- The Sodexho Scholarship Program
For undergraduate students who show a commitment to assisting the hungry.
- The MasterCard Scholarship Program
For all undergraduate students.
All HCF Scholarships range from $500 - $10,000
All applications can be found at www.hsf.net
Other Scholarship Sponsors include:
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Foundation
The Department of Energy
M & T Bank
ICI Education Foundation
Hanley Wood, LLC
Eastman Kodak Company
Telemundo - Channel 64