This scholarship is to be awarded on the basis of academic excellence and leadership qualities. Awards will be made at $1000 per year to be awarded over a two-semester period.
Application Deadline: March 1
Scholarship Criteria and Eligibility
- Applicant must have been enrolled at Cameron as a full-time student for at least two semesters prior to the semester in which the scholarship is to be awarded.
- Applicant must be classified as a Junior or Senior and maintain a full-time schedule (12 hours or more) for the term of the scholarship. If recipient drops classes during a semester so that he/she is enrolled in less than 12 hours, he/she will not be eligible for funds the following semester. An exception may be made, at the discretion of The Alumni Scholarship Committee, if the recipient is in his or her final semester.
- Funds will not be provided for a semester in which the student will complete more than 128 credit hours. (At the discretion of the Alumni Scholarship Committee, the hours limit may be waived in special circumstances.)
- Cumulative grade point must be 3.0 or higher at the time of application and during the term of the scholarship. Should a recipient's cumulative grade point drop below 3.0 during the term of the scholarship, funding will be discontinued for the second semester.
- In addition to academic achievement, applicant must have demonstrated leadership qualities on the Cameron campus.
- A successful recipient who is a Junior may be considered for an additional year, but he/she must reapply and be considered along with other applicants.
- In accepting the scholarship, recipient(s) will agree to provide 10 hours of volunteer service to the CU Alumni Association or Office of Alumni Relations during the fall and / or Spring semester in order to receive the scholarship during the spring semester. Hours will be coordinated by the Director of Alumni Relations.