Established in April 2007 by Vicky Flores for the benefit of students majoring in Agriculture who are at least a sophomore.
1. Recipient must have declared an agriculture major.
2. Recipient must be a sophomore or higher in classification and have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better to receive the scholarship for the first semester of award.
3. Recipient must achieve a 3.0 GPA or better during the first semester of award to receive the scholarship for the second semester.
4. Once appointed, a recipient may retain the scholarship until degree completion if they meet the 3.0 GPA criterion for retention, however, no student will receive more than six semesters of scholarship support.
5. Financial need will be a significant selection criterion.