The Aggie Rec Center offers a top quality facility designed to help assist you with your everyday fitness and recreational goals! The facility consists of the following areas: free and machine weight area, cardio area, group fitness area, spin room, indoor pool, basketball courts, sand volleyball court, three racquetball courts, stretch/personal DVD area, and outdoor patio. The Aggie Rec Center serves as the home base for the Aggie Mile walking/running trail and Disc Golf course.
Group Exercise Area
The group exercise floor area upstairs of the Aggie Rec Center offers a wide variety of aerobics classes throughout the day and evening hours. All group exercise classes are free to faculty, staff and students. In this area patrons will find an array of exercise equipment to help with their overall fitness goals and needs.
- Proper attire includes a shirt and closed toe shoes that must be worn at all times.
- Respect the privacy of others during group exercise periods. Loitering in the aerobic areas is prohibited.
- Free group exercise classes are offered to faculty, staff, and students at various times throughout the semester. Check class schedules/times with the front desk.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the group exercise area.
Come play a quick game of pig/horse on our basketball court between classes. Other activities that can take place on court area are badminton, volleyball, ping pong, soccer. . Patrons may checkout a basketball and other gear for these activities at the front desk.
- Other than scheduled, organized activities approved, court play is on a first-come first serve basis.
- Proper athletic attire is required at all times, to include a shirt that covers the torso and non-marking closed toe shoes.
- Hanging on rims, backboards, or nets is prohibited. Dunking is also prohibited. If any Aggie Rec Center staff member observes patrons dunking and/or hanging on rims, the patron will be asked to leave the facility for the remainder of the day.
The pool measures 25 meters in length and has six available lanes for lap swimming. The pool ranges from 4 feet deep to 9 feet deep. There is also swim boards, flippers, noodles, and exercise weights for patrons to use.
- All posted rules and verbal rules by lifeguard must be followed at all times.
- Proper swim attire is required at all times. No cut-off denim, underwear, or other non-swim suitable attire is allowed in the pool.
- No footwear is allowed on the pool deck except for aqua socks, or similar footwear.
- Children of patrons must be accompanied by that patron at all times.
- No food or drink is allowed in the pool area.
- Swimming equipment is available for use, but must be returned to their proper storage bin after use.
- No running and rough play in the pool area is allowed.
- Safety equipment is not to be used for play or tampered with at any time.
Our three regulation size racquetball courts can provide a great workout while having fun! Racquets, balls, and goggles are provided at no extra cost to patrons.
- Other than scheduled, organized activities which are pre-approved, court play is on a first-come first serve basis.
- Racquetball Courts are exclusively for racquetball, wallyball, and handball. No other use is permitted unless approved.
- Proper athletic attire is required at all times. This includes shirts that cover the torso and non-marking closed toe shoes.
- Safety goggles/glasses are required for play in the racquetball courts at all time.
- No black racquetballs allowed.
- All racquets must be stringed, constructed of some material other than wood, and be equipped with a safety thong and bumper guard.
- Do not open the door to the court when someone else is playing.
- Racquetball equipment is available to check out at the front desk.
The track has three lanes and is designed for running, jogging and walking. Faster runners should use the outside lanes and slower joggers and walkers should use the inside lane. The track changes directions each day for even wear and tear. Watch for signs posted around facility to ensure proper direction. 11 laps around the track is equal to 1 mile.
- The track is an exercise area and may not be used by spectators.
- No stopping or standing on the track.
- Clean-soled, closed toe gym shoes must be worn at all times.
- Strollers and wheeled recreational devices are prohibited from being used on the track.
The Weight Training Area
Enjoy the use of our state-of-the-art Paramount Weight Machines or the wide variety of free weights we have to offer. Our twelve Paramount Resistance Machines are designed for your needs and safety. We also have Paramount free weight and dumbbells, and benches.
- Weight training can be dangerous. Always be aware of others around you. Use spotters when working out with free weights. Stay clear of weight stacks. Snap collars must be put on bars before lifting for safety.
- Do NOT drop the weights on the floor.
- Children under the age of 16 may not use the weight training equipment.
- Weight training equipment must be used properly in order to achieve desired training results and preserve the equipment. Improper use of equipment, such as bouncing the mechanism or dropping the weight stacks, will not be tolerated.
- Return all weights to racks when finished with them. Weights may not be removed from the weight training area at any time.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times including shirts that cover the torso, gym shorts and closed toe shoes. No jeans and belts will be allowed due to the wear and tear they create on the equipment.
- Please clean equipment pads after each use with provided wet wipes. Towels are available for check-out at the front desk.
- No food is allowed in weight training area. Only Water bottles with sport caps are permitted. Sports drinks and water inside of bottles with lids are the only drinks allowed into the facility. All sports drinks must be pre-mixed before entering the facility.
- Practice proper weight room etiquette and be courteous to others when lifting. Do not sit on machines between sets when someone is waiting to use it. You may not monopolize more than one piece of equipment at a time.
Cardiovascular Training Area
The cardio area upstairs of the Aggie Rec Center contains eight Treadmills, three Ellipticals, two Ascent Trainers, two Stationary Bikes, and a rowing machine. There are also four televisions with the Cardio Theater System which allow you to listen to the televisions through your own personal headphones.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times including shirts that cover the torso, gym shorts and closed toe shoes.
- Children under the age of 16 may not use the cardiovascular machines for safety purposes.
- Please clean equipment after each use with provided wet wipes. Towels are available for check-out at the front desk. This ensures proper cleanliness of the equipment.