- To listen.
- To be prompt. Under normal circumstances, students should expect a response from their advisor by the end of the next business day.
- To establish and develop the relationship with the student.
- To provide contact information.
- To keep office hours.
- To keep scheduled appointments. In the event an appointment needs to be canceled, we will contact you.
- To give students information about academic services and resources available to the student.
- To help the student define academic & career goals.
- To interpret complex university policies for the student.
What are the advisor’s responsibilities?
Hours of Operation
Monday 8 a.m - 5 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Academic Advising Center is open until 7 p.m. on Tuesdays to accommodate students whose commitments prevent them from meeting with an advisor during regular business hours.
Walk-in students arriving 30 minutes prior to the close of business will be given top priority for appointments on the next business day.