International Admissions checklist
THANK YOU for your interest in Cameron University! For information about becoming an international student at CU, please refer to the checklist below. Also, you may want to see the CU International Information website at:
If you are applying for first-time admission to a United States university, or if you have attended another United States university and earned fewer than 24 semester credit hours, we require ALL of the following documents before processing an I-20.
- Completed Application for Admission AND US$35.00 Application Fee. There are NO WAIVERS of the application fee.
- Evidence of completion of secondary school (high school). This must be an official transcript translated into English. If you are uncertain what document to submit, please inquire. If applicant is from a West African nation, submit an ORIGINAL or Certified copy of your WAEC report and a new unscratched scratch card withe the examination number, examination year and type of examination.
- Official transcripts of all university work completed outside the U.S., translated into English, and evaluated by an approved credential evaluation service. These services can be located on the Web at: www.wes.org or www.jsilny.com, http://www.ece.org/, www.aacrao.org, www.edueic.com. Your credits will not be placed on your CU transcript until after you have been fully admitted and enrolled in classes. Advanced Levels do not need to be evaluated.
- A copy of the page (or pages) of your passport that indicate your complete name, country of citizenship, passport number, and passport expiration date.
- Affidavit of Financial Support (enclosed) AND six months of current certified bank statement or statement from a bank that indicates the availability of funds for you to attend school for at least one year.
- Proof of English Proficiency. If English is not the native language, you are required to take the TOEFL test, no exceptions. Your test score must be 500 (paper-based), or 61 (internet-based) or higher for undergraduates and 213, 550, or 79-80 (respectively) or higher for graduate students. The Cameron University code is 6080. Complete information on the TOEFL test can be found at www.toefl.org. We also accept the IELTS. Your test score must be 5.5 for undergraduates and 6.5 for graduate students. Complete information about IELTS can be found at www.ielts.com. We must have the official score report - NO COPIES. Students may also provide proof of 12 weeks of intensive English study at an approved ESL program in the U.S. after achieving minimum TOEFl scores of 460(PBT) or a 48 (IBT) or minimum IELTS overall band of 5.0
- SAT score report. If you are under 21 years of age the SAT is required. The SAT is not required, if you are over 21 years of age OR you have completed at least 24 semester credit hours at the university level. Arrange to have your SAT sent directly to us from the testing center. Please do not submit copies.
If you are transferring to CU from another United States high school or university, we will send you a transfer form.
More questions? Please contact the International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at the address above.