Institutional Grant Writing
Welcome to Institutional Grant Writing. There is an Institutional Grant Writer (IGW) who researches grant opportunities; tracks grant applications; and writes, reviews, or provides additional support for your grant proposals.
When you find a grant opportunity that matches your area of interest, share the opportunity with your supervisor, and then follow these steps:
- Complete the Intent to Submit External Grant Form.
- Schedule a meeting with the IGW to discuss the application process.
- Develop your grant application.
- Submit your completed application, which has been reviewed by your supervisor, to the IGW at least two weeks before the official deadline by completing the External Grant Submission for Review and uploading the necessary files.
- Await internal approval before officially submitting your grant.
- Notify the IGW of the grant decision for tracking and reporting purposes.
If you do not yet have a specific grant opportunity in mind, you can still benefit from services offered by the IGW:
- Communicate your areas of interest to the IGW, so that they can notify you if an appropriate opportunity appears during their grant research.
- Attend workshops and/or lunch meetings held by the IGW on a regular basis, beginning in Spring 2017.
- Utilize the grant writing resources on these pages to research opportunities and focus your project ideas.